Mon. Jul 15th, 2024

The Permanent Account Number or the PAN Card is a very important document. It is an important ID proof, and for any reason, if it is lost, we get afraid of its misuse and the problems to be faced due to its absence.

However, in case of lost PAN card, the government has ensured adequate provisions to cover the loss of the PAN card by issuing a duplicate PAN card. While applying for the duplicate PAN card, we just need to remember some of our basic information.

You can apply for lost PAN card in both online and offline modes by following several steps:-


  • Log in to the website of TIN/NSDL (1)
  • Then, select the tab menu of ‘online application for PAN’.
  • After selecting the tab, you can choose for the preference of ‘Reprint PAN Card’. This option is basically used in case of stolen, lost or misplaced PAN card.
  • After clicking the tab, the page would be automatically redirected to a different navigation page, where you have to click the option “Online Application for changes/ Correction in PAN data” link.
  • After clicking it, a new page with instructions and guidelines would appear. Read these guidelines and then, select the type of PAN you need to apply for, i.e. individual/ company/ HUF/ firm etc.).
  • After selecting the type of PAN Card, you will be required to fill up the online application form by providing details, such as existing Permanent Account Number, Your name, communication address, contact number, email id, etc.
  • After filling up these details, you will have to attach necessary documents such as ID proof and photographs, along with the form. The documents should be self-attested by you(Applicant) before submission.
  • The application form can either be submitted online or sent by post to NSDL, along with the necessary documents.
  • The application fee of Rs. 50 for resident individual or Rs. 959 for a non-resident individual can be paid through various modes of payment like debit card, credit card, net banking or demand draft.
  • Once you pay the fee, an acknowledgement number will be generated. This will be required for all future correspondence.
  • A duplicate PAN card bearing the same PAN numberwill be sent to your given address within 2 weeks.




  • You can obtain the application form for ‘Request for New PAN Changes/ Correction in PAN Data’ at any TIN Facilitation Centre, or any IT PAN Service Centres or PAN Centres, or even from various stationary vendors.
  • You can also download the form from Income Tax Department’s website: UTIITSL website: NSDL website:
  • Fill the Application form with black ink in capital letters.
  • Fill all necessary details in the form in the English language only.
  • Mention your existing 10-digit PAN number.
  • Make sure that only one character is filled in each box provided and do leave a box blank after each word.
  • In case of an individual applicant, 2 recent coloured photographs are required to be affixed in the space available on top of the form.
  • Your signature or left-hand thumb impression is required across the photo placed on the left-hand side of the form.
  • A full signature or the Left-hand thumb impression is also required to be done in the box provided on the right side of the application form.
  • In case of thumb impression, the same should be duly attested by any Magistrate or a public notary or any gazetted government officer under his official seal and stamp.
  • In case you want to update one or more alternative addresses apart from the given communication address, put a tick on the checkbox on left-hand margin. Details of such address can be mentioned on an additional page in the similar format as prescribed.
  • The processing fee for PAN application with the correspondence address within India is Rs. 50. The PAN application fee for any NRI is Rs. 959.
  • You can pay the fee by cash or cheque or DD at the counter while submitting the application form.

Related Post